For a stronger Georgia — a stronger America, full inclusion and equal rights are essential for everyone. I believe that every American is equal no matter their race, sex, religion, ethnicity or national origin, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or age. Democrats have a long and proud record of defending civil rights and expanding opportunity for all Americans. From the Civil Rights Act of 1964 to the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act in 2009 to the inclusion of marriage equality in the party platform in 2012, Democrats have fought to end discrimination in all forms. I plan to uphold that legacy.
I am committed to protecting voting rights, freedom of religion, women’s rights to make their own healthcare decisions, and equal federal rights for LGBTQ+ individuals. No matter who you are, who you love, where you’re from, or how you worship, I believe in treating every person with basic human dignity and respect. Only when every person, every family is ensured the freedom and opportunity to thrive, will we truly succeed as a nation.
As your 3rd Congressional District Representative, I will fight to:
- Champion robust anti-discrimination laws to advance protections for all workers
- Protect LGBTQ+ individuals from violence and work to end the epidemic of violence against the transgender community, particularly transgender women of color.
- Work collaboratively with legislators to ensure that protections against harassment are strong, comprehensive, and just, statewide
- Support making access to high-quality health care for LGBTQ+ individuals.
- Ensure fair treatment of LGBTQ+ individuals in the criminal justice system.
- Advance global LGBTQ+ rights and development.
Together, we can make a better Georgia.