For a stronger Georgia — a stronger America, full inclusion and equal rights is essential for everyone. As a Democrat, I believe that every American is equal. No matter their race, sex, religion, ethnicity or national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or age. A a long and proud record of defending civil rights and expanding opportunity for all Americans is part of the democratic history. From the Civil Rights Act of 1964 to the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act in 2009 to including marriage equality in the party platform in 2012, Democrats have fought to end discrimination in all forms.
We are committed to protecting voting rights, freedom of religion, women’s right to make their own health care decisions, and equal federal rights for LGBTQ+ couples. No matter who you are, who you love, where you’re from, or how you worship, I believe in treating every person with basic human dignity and respect. Only when every person, every family is ensured the freedom and opportunity to thrive, will we truly succeed as a nation.
As 3rd district representative, Dr. Val Almonord will fight to:
- Champion robust anti-discrimination laws to advance protections for all workers
- Protect LGBTQ+ individuals from violence and work to end the epidemic of violence against the transgender community, particularly transgender women of color.
- Work collaboratively with legislators to ensure that protections against harassment are strong, comprehensive, and just, statewide
- Support making access to high-quality health care for LGBTQ+ individuals.
- Ensure fair treatment of LGBTQ+ individuals in the criminal justice system.
- Advance global LGBTQ+ rights and development.
It is a privilege to serve in elected office, and I will serve with the highest ethical standards. Together, we can make a better Georgia.
Vote for me! I will fight for you.